Friday, July 31, 2009

I enjoy hiking. I don't hurt anywhere except for my feet. I've tried different boots and insoles. Help!

My feet have high arches, this I know. I am now wearing a keen targhee II boot. I know about stretches I should do, taking anti inflammatories, no I do not have heel spurs, and my boots are fitted very well. So what does this leave me with? I don't know if custom orthotics are the answer, if I should get the most cushioned boot I can find (which one?) or if I am just going to have to hike through the pain like I have done for years. Let me know what you think.

I enjoy hiking. I don't hurt anywhere except for my feet. I've tried different boots and insoles. Help!
try diff. socks i had the same problem
Reply:Go to a place like REI - a store or online if you have to. They have expert advice and people who work there would be able to help you get boots that fit for certain arch levels. Also, if you get blisters, try buying moleskin to put over problem areas. It's like putting a thicker band-aid on your feet so rubbing and pressure is less of a problem. If this isn't enough, maybe talk to a podiatrist.



office chair

No comments:

Post a Comment