Monday, August 3, 2009

Which Shoe Orthotics are better for me?

I have had an arthroscopy for some torn cartilage in my knee and it seems i have problems with how my body mechanics work, I am now suffering from chondromalacia in the same knee.





I used to have some insoles but need a new pair but am being told by different things from different people. Some people say I need the 3/4 insoles which are solid and others say I need the full length softer insoles. I play basketball and have been told I over-pronate and have high arches.





I want to get some insoles to try and relieve some of the current pain and also to reduce risk of injury in the future but am confused on what to get. please help?





any advice would be great!!!

Which Shoe Orthotics are better for me?
First see a chiropractor. I over-pronate when my pelvis is out of alignment - weird but true. I also have Morton's Neuroma which he also helps with by adjusting my feet and knees.





I have had several expensive orthodics that have done absolutely no good, but found an athletic "insole" by New Balance that is wonderful and another by "superfeet" (I found it at the Running Room). The new thought on orthodics is that they should be soft, however, I found that a harder support under my arches is much more comfortable (Superfeet). Both of these insoles are well under $100 so I would try them first before going and getting orthodics made.





If you do go to get orthodics made - make sure the podiatrist does the measurements with you standing up not doing a cast while laying down.



develop skin cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment