Monday, August 3, 2009

Shoe care questions?

I have had a pair of shoes for four years. They are black leather slip on shoes that vaguely resemble "boots". They are nice enough to wear to the office and rugged enough to wear for long periods of time. However, after four years of wearing them for 8-16 hours a day, 5-7 days a week (and at one job for almost 3 years I was always standing in them), they are not doing so well. They are wrinkled and stretched out, the cloth and foam supporting the heel has worn away, and I have to replace the insoles every 3-4 months.





So here are my questions:





How long is too long to keep a pair of shoes? I am starting to wonder, if insoles cost about $10, so $30-40 a year and the shoes cost $80, I am starting to waste my money.





Next: What are some tips on taking care of leather shoes, and shoes in general, to make them last longer?





Last: What is a good brand of leather shoe? They have to be available in wide width, be comfortable, and have good ankle and arch support!





Thanks!

Shoe care questions?
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Shoes-Last-L...



windows

No comments:

Post a Comment